The following information regarding COVID-19 restrictions at Memorial University will be updated according to information received from the university. This information was obtained from Memorial University’s COVID-19 Information Page on May 31, 2022.
It has come to our attention that Memorial University will be lifting some restrictions across their campuses and maintaining others for their Spring 2022 semester. As mentioned in our previous communications regarding the 2022 CMS Summer Meeting, the Canadian Mathematical Society and its attendees will be expected to adhere to all requirements set by the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador and by Memorial University for the duration of the meeting.
The following is a summary of restrictions that will be in place at Memorial University as of June 1, 2022:
- Capacity: Capacity restrictions in classrooms and labs will be lifted and the limit on the number of people in classrooms or labs will only need to adhere to the fire safety capacity.
- Masks: Memorial will end the requirement for masks on all campuses effective June 1. Similar to other public bodies, masks will continue to be strongly recommended in buildings. Please be respectful of others’ choices.
- Vaccines: Memorial’s procedure for vaccine requirement lifts on June 1 at 12:01 a.m. in alignment with the suspension of the NL Public Sector Policy
- Health and Safety: It is proven that physical distancing, handwashing, and sanitizing can help limit the spread of COVID-19.
- If you feel unwell: Please stay home if you feel unwell. This is the most effective way to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
To visit the Memorial University COVID-19 Information Page, please click here.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter and for assisting us in making the 2022 Summer Meeting a safe and comfortable experience for all. We look forward to hosting you at what is sure to be a wonderful event!